Big Idea April 8 – 14, 2018
This Is Us: Before You Give Up, Look Up
Nothing in this life is more important than our relationships. In this series we will look at how we can work to better the relationships in our lives.
- Have you ever faced the end of a relationship that meant a lot to you? Share a little about that experience with the group and what affect it had on your life.
- One of the teachers of religious law was standing there listening to the debate. He realized that Jesus had answered well, so he asked, “Of all the commandments, which is the most important?”
Jesus replied, “The most important commandment is this: ‘Listen, O Israel! The Lord our God is the one and only Lord. And you must love the Lord your God with all your heart, all your soul, all your mind, and all your strength.’ The second is equally important: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.’ No other commandment is greater than these.” Mark 12:28-31Jesus told us to love God and love other people. Which of those two is more difficult for you? Why do you think that is?
- Have you ever been in, or are you currently in a relationship that feels like it has no hope of lasting? If you have been in a relationship like that, share with the group what the end result was and what you learned from that relationship. If you are currently in a relationship like that, did Randy & Kim’s story give you any hope?
- Why is it important to keep God first in your relationships? Name one practical way you can do that in your current relationships?
- How can your group pray for you and your current relationships?
Think about it:
The better we are at relationships, the more we look like God.
What will you do?
What is one change you can make this week to improve a relationship in your life?
The Big Idea is a weekly small group discussion guide designed to help individuals, families, and small groups reinforce the key theme or Big Idea from the previous weekend’s service. This thought-provoking guide contains discussion questions and talking points that will help you and your group explore each weeks Big Idea in more detail.