Big Idea Jan 14 – 20, 2018
Press: Strong and Courageous
If you have been on this planet for any length of time you have probably experience one or two days, weeks or years that were difficult to navigate. Maybe you experienced a season where your faith was tested or when your dreams were delayed. No matter how strong you are, it can be hard to keep moving forward during difficult seasons.
- Have you ever seen someone operate in courage? What did it look like?
- Have you ever witness someone operating in fear? What did it look like?
- What is God leading you to do that has been difficult for you to act on? What is stopping you from moving forward?
- Meg Cabot wrote, “Courage is not the absence of fear but the judgment that something else is more important than fear.” What is more important than the fear you are facing?
- Take some time to pray and ask God for courage as a group. Pray for one another to operate in courage and overcome fear.
Think about it:
God has not given us a spirit of fear.
What will you do?
What will you do this week to live a courageous life?
The Big Idea is a weekly small group discussion guide designed to help individuals, families, and small groups reinforce the key theme or Big Idea from the previous weekend’s service. This thought-provoking guide contains discussion questions and talking points that will help you and your group explore each weeks Big Idea in more detail.